Sunday, January 19, 2014

Crafting a wardrobe

The Wardrobe Architect











Sarai from the Coletterie recently came up with the Wardrobe Architect: Designing and Building Thoughtful Attire.  It's an experimental group project and the purpose is to help us discover and refine our personal style and build a wardrobe around that.  She will post a weekly topic for discussion or exercise with the idea that we will be learning together and helping each other out.  As a self-taught newbie, this really appeals to me.  Because I am eager to learn I often pick patterns and fabric that I wouldn't normally purchase.  I have made numerous skirts and dresses and rarely wear them.  I also feel very overwhelmed when I go into a fabric store (who doesn't?! Seriously, who?) and end of spending too much time and often buying things I don't end up liking once I get home.  I know some of this is due to lack of experience but I can't fault that entirely.  The idea of cultivating personal style and figuring out how to incorporate that with my skill level sounds lovely.  I am going to try to participate as often as I can and will post on here when I do.   So, who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment