Saturday, January 18, 2014

Albion sewalong and contest!





   
















Colette patterns is having another sewalong/contest and the prizes are ridiculous!  They've really outdone themselves this time as the grand prize is the lovely Bernina 380 pictured above.  The two runner-up prizes aren't too shabby either, over $400 worth of crafty goodness.  The sewalong starts January 24th.  Check out the link above for details.  I am super excited as I have been wanting to make a coat for awhile now but was waiting for the perfect pattern.  The Albion is a classic duffel coat and there are two versions offered.  I've already downloaded and cut out the pattern, no easy task I might add, but I do love instant gratification.  I have the fabric for my muslin cut (a vintage teal wool blend gifted from a friend's grandma's stash) but haven't decided on what to do for the "real" coat.  My brain (and my pinterest page) has been going wild with ideas, most of which I have no idea how to implement. Here are some of my favorites:


I love the mustard color with the cocoa brown toggles.  And how adorable is the rest of the outfit?  I'm seriously coveting everything about this.


It's amazing how a simple element turns a traditional design into something more.  The piped edges adds structure and dimension to the shape.  I wonder how this would look with a plaid fabric...


I have a bit of an obsession with capes and this navy and brown combo is so lovely.  The only problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to convert a coat pattern to a cape pattern or if it's even a good idea.
  

Ombre.  That is all.  Also, her hair please.  Oh, and those boots.

So many ideas!  I am really excited to get started and am looking forward to the challenge.  This will be the first project I will actually document on this blog so there will be lots more to come.  







No comments:

Post a Comment